Friday, March 2, 2018

"Vent Post"

I recently started shopping online for my new wardrobe. I tend to look for sites that showcase their plus size clothing right along side the other sizes they carry.

One pet peeve of mine is how sites segregate plus size clothing to one tab under the other five to ten tabs that are catering to nonplus size consumers as if we dont noticed this. I can only speak for myself but I think that's a confidence shaker subconsciously. Before I even see the merchandise I am reminded that most of the fashion industry sees me as a lesser.

I've been buying things i wouldn't normally buy. With that being said I look for models that have similar body frames and silhouettes as mine. This is what prompt me to write this "vent post". I know I'm not the first and I won't be the last to voice their discontent on this matter.

You see I'm a plus size girl with small (no hips) hip huge boobs and a flat butt. Most companies don't hire models with these physical attributes which adds another hurdles for me to have to master while online shopping. I can't tell you how many times I've went out on a limb and bought something online for it to arrive at my door step,wrapped and shiny, and quickly see that my hips were not the hips the manufacturer had in mind when crafting this garment.

I see sites like gslovesme.com and I admire how they showcase so many different women with different shapes and sizes. This makes shopping on their site so enjoyable. Ugh well I feel better...later loves

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Vent Post"

I recently started shopping online for my new wardrobe. I tend to look for sites that showcase their plus size clothing right along side the...